Information relating to how we use your data on thepoetryofjosephcoelho.com
Please read the following information carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
Your right to privacy is important to us. We take the security of your personal information seriously and we have strict policies and processes in place to ensure it remains safe.
Our site brings together the work of various entities committed to protecting and furthering the works of Roald Dahl and his legacy. For example, our site allows you to:
- purchase books written by Joseph Coelho and various other Roald Dahl related memorabilia;
- to subscribe for email newsletters so you can keep up to date with personal information and the latest news aboutJoseph Coelho.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise howsoever. This includes information you provide when you: use our site; register to use our site; subscribe to receive newsletters and marketing (via email) about Joseph Coelho; search for products on our site; place an order for products on our site; and/or when you contact us to report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your title, first and last names, address, country of residence, e-mail address and contact telephone number, date of birth, a parent’s email address (if you are under 13 years old), your user type (e.g. parent/guardian, teacher, child or other type of user), personal messages you wish to send to recipients of products that you have ordered from Trading via our site and/or details relating to why you are corresponding/contacting us. Depending on whether or not you decide to purchase products from Trading, you may also give us financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. Records of our contact with you, which may include notes on our systems, emails or electronic communications and written correspondence and any telephone number used by you to call us;
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type (e.g. Safari or Internet Explorer) and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products, pages and items you viewed, searched for or purchased; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, delivery fulfilment providers and courier service providers, business partners, technical and payment services providers, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) to ensure that our site and the information and/or services we provide to you work effectively and we may receive information about you from them.
INFORMATION THIRD PARTIES MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- Subscribing to email newsletters and email marketing. If you ask us to keep you up to date, or permit selected third parties to keep you up to date (see “Who we share your information with” below), via email with the latest news and information about Joseph Coelho.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information as follows:
- to permit you to purchase products via our site and (for such purpose) to enter into contracts with another member of the Roald Dahl Group, namely Trading, for the purchase of those products;
- to include your email address, first name, last name, your alias (if any), country of residence, date of birth and (if you are under 13 years old) a parent’s email address in a database (collated using a third party database aggregator, namely Rocket Science Group LLC (trading as ‘Mailchimp’)). Mailchimp will have access to and will store and process this information, but will only do so on our instructions, so that we may contact you as described in the following bullet point. The function of the database aggregator is to help the Roald Dahl Group with conducting our newsletters and marketing campaigns and sending them to you via email. Using a database aggregator also allows the Roald Dahl Group to track the reception and take up of that newsletter and/or marketing campaign by those that subscribe to receive them. If you have not ticked the relevant box on our site indicating that you would like to receive such email newsletters and marketing campaigns, we will not disclose your personal information to Mailchimp. Please see below at “Who we share your information with” and “Where we store your personal information”, which sets our further details of the disclosure to Mailchimp of your personal information;
- to keep you up to date, or permit selected third parties to keep you up to date (see “Who we share your information with” below), with the latest news and information about Joseph Coelho, details of product discounts and other products available from our online store that may be of interest to you, details of fundraising activities, voucher codes and offers, campaigns, competitions and other opportunities to support our work. This will only happen where you have consented to receiving such news and information (e.g. by ticking the appropriate box on our site) from us. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or you do not want us to pass your details on to selected third parties for the purposes outlined above, please do not tick the relevant box on our site and, if you have ticked the relevant box in the past, please contact us and ask us to cease using your information in this way;
- to allow you to participate in the interactive features of this site, when you choose to do so (for example, to post your Contributions to pages of our site);
- to notify you about changes to our site, changes to the products and/or services offered via our site and/or changes to the terms and conditions and/or policies shown on our site; and/or
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To contact you via email to invite you to comment on the services you may have received from us, as part of our ongoing website improvement and development.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- For the purposes of carrying out your requests (for example, to address matters relating to our site and/or the services provided via our site) which you make known to us in electronic communications, written correspondence and/or during telephone calls you make to our customer service number and for the purposes of keeping records of the aforementioned electronic communications, written correspondence and/or telephone calls;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about products or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. For information on how we will use information we receive from other sources, please see the explanation above at “Information third parties may collect from you”.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties:
- We may share your information with trusted third parties for the purposes of market analysis and research. We will not disclose this information in a form which would allow you to be identified (for example, we may provide them with aggregate information about the number of copies of the book that have been sold via our site to residents of a particular post code);
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and/or
- To disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their legal rights, including their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation; and/or
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. This is called a Subject Access Request. Should you wish to make a Subject Access Request, please make your Subject Access Request to us in writing.
If you have any questions about the way in which we collect or process your information, please contact us. Similarly, if the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, please let us know and we will investigate further to correct any inaccuracies. You can also find out more about your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 by visiting the Information Commissioner’s Office website at www.ico.org.uk or by writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.